Saturday, July 22, 2006

T-1

Oh my, what a day. Carol has been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning....we needed to move to get down to a fighting weight so this has been hard. So that I might NEVER say anything about what does or does not need cleaning, I cleaned 8 years of moss and lichens off our canoe----now how relevant to travel is that?

But what a surprise from Ria Buesing, choir parents and the students!!! We were invited to Andres for a gettogether with the Buesing but the room was filled with many many many beloved students and parents for one final wellwishing good bye. A wonderful late lunch, a powerpoint presentation from Eric and Ria (1984-2006 choirs and photos) and so many reconnections with students old (some pregnant---oh my we are getting older) and new but all bound by a loyalty to music and excellence. I think many were watching the progress of folicular degneration and facial line proliferation on my face. 2001 must have been a really tough year! This is not the place for my babble about this but let me just say THANK YOU to all of you and to Ria, Lutz, Eric, and Sean and all who gave a wonderful gift. We will take this memory to sleep with us tonight and many more to come. Thanks to all who came. We would wish we could have talked more to each one...

We are toasting all with a great bottle of Prosecco.

Good night all!!!

Love , US